Tuesday 20 August 2013

Travel Tuesday - Incholm Abbey

Scotland would rank up there as one of my favourite places I've visited, and I've been there fairly regularly in the time I've been in the UK. On one of my visits to Edinburgh, I knew I wanted to see the Forth rail bridge (pictures to be shared another day), and while reading about it, read about Incholm Abbey. I decided I'd go visit, and was very glad I did. It was a beautiful, peaceful place to spend an hour or so. You have to take a sightseeing cruise around the Forth to get there - those are with a company called Maid of the Forth . And just a word of advice - if you're visiting over lunchtime, take your own food. There's a small information centre, it sells drinks and snacks but nothing more substantial. And now, for some photos:








A Compass Rose

linking up with Found Love. Now What? and A Compass Rose

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome Abbey, and other place to put on my list for when we go to Scotland, which I hope is soon! Thank you for linking up with Belinda and I for Travel Tuesday! I hope you link up again next week.

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, that abbey looks really nice. We have not been to Scotland yet but its on the list:) Found you through the Travel Tuesday Blog Hop. Hope you'll check out our new travel blog as well:

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/9780329

    ReplyDelete